Worldwide Military Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGV) Industry to 2030 – Increased Investment in Military Modernization Programs in the Defense Sector Drives Growth
DUBLIN, Jan. 13, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The “Military Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGV) – Market and Technology Forecast to 2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Global Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market has a market volume of US$ 2.16 billion in 2022 and grows with a CAGR of 17.7% over the forecast period of 2022-2030.
North America has the largest market of US$ 0.79, the Asia Pacific region is expected to show the highest market growth with a CAGR of 22.3% over the forecast period.
This is owing to the presence of countries like India, China, Japan, South Korea. The increased investment in the military modernization programs in the defense sector, rising use of unmanned ground vehicles for homeland security and commercial applications is another factor that is expected to drive the market in the APAC region.
Dull and dirty operations that could put human lives at stake are more and more being executed by the unmanned ground vehicles. Rescue operations, firefighting, surveillance, mine clearance, bomb defusal, logistics, and combat missions are amongst the various applications.
The development and use of autonomous functions for driving and other non-weapon functions are increasing, but combat functions are restrained by ethical questions. The use of combat applications is expected to grow further after military field testing and doctrine development.
Most small UGVs use battery electric drive systems, where medium and large UGV’s have either Diesel or Hybrid power. Small UGVs largely use tracks and are remote controlled, mainly for local reconnaissance and EOD operations. Large platforms are used for route clearing, demining, engineering, reconnaissance, and flank support in formation for tanks. Some of them are converted manned platforms.
Covered in this report
- Overview: Snapshot of the Unmanned Ground Vehicles technology in the military market during 2022-2030, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends, and challenges. It also provides a snapshot of the spending with respect to regions as well as segments and sheds light on the emergence of new technologies
- Market Dynamics: Insights into the technological developments in the UGV market and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of governments around the world. It also analyses changing industry structure trends and the challenges faced by the industry participants.
- Segment Analysis: Insights into the various systems market from a segmental perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each segment.
- Regional Review: Insights into modernization patterns and budgetary allocation for top countries within a region.
- Regional Analysis: Insights into the systems market from a regional perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each region.
- Impact Analysis: Analysis on how certain events will impact the UGV market. This will give you an indication on which factors are important for understanding the market.
- Key Program Analysis: Details of the top programs in each segment expected to be executed during the forecast period.
- Competitive landscape Analysis: Analysis of competitive landscape of this industry. It provides an overview of key companies, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
Reasons to buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the global unmanned ground vehicles industry over the next eight years.
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different application segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them.
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others.
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global unmanned ground vehicles business, providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion.
- Channelise resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the ministries of different countries within the unmanned cargo aircraft market.
- Make correct business decisions based on thorough analysis of the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top platform providers around the world which include information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins and financial analysis wherever available.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview Military UGVs
3.2 Applications of UGVs
3.2.2 Combat UGVs
3.2.3 Explosive Ordnance Disposal
3.2.4 Route Clearing
3.3 Recent Developments
3.3.1 Unmanned Combat Vehicles
3.3.2 Quadrupedal Unmanned Ground Vehicle
3.3.3 Open Architecture for Next-Gen UGVs
3.4 Competitive landscape
4.1 UGV Swarming
4.2 Adoption of AI
4.3 3D Printing
4.4 Autonomous UGV
4.5 Wireless Charging
4.5.1 Protection of UGVs
5 Market Analysis and Forecast Factors
5.1 Segmentation for Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market
5.2 Forecast factors – Drivers
5.3 Forecast Factors – Restraints
5.4 Forecast Factors – Challenges
6 Country Analysis
6.1.1 Next-Generation Combat Vehicle (NGCV) program
6.1.2 Robotic Combat Vehicle (RCV)
6.1.3 Optionally Manned Fighting Vehicle (OMFV)
6.1.4 Man Transportable Robotic System Increment II (MTRS Inc. II
6.1.5 Small Multipurpose Equipment Transport (S-MET)
6.8 South Korea
6.10 United Kingdom
7 Forecast Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market to 2030 by Region
7.2 Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle market by Region overview
7.3 Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market Regions by User
7.3.1 North American Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by User
7.3.2 European Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by User
7.3.3 APAC Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by User
7.3.4 Middle East Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by Users
7.3.5 RoW Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by Users
7.4 Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market Regions by Platform
7.4.1 North American Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by Platform
7.4.2 European Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by Platform
7.4.3 APAC Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by Platform
7.4.4 Middle East Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by Platform
7.4.5 RoW Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by Platform
8 Forecast Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market to 2030 by User
8.1 Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by User overview
8.2 Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market User by Application
8.2.1 Defence Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by Application
8.2.2 Homeland Security Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by Application
8.3 Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market User by Size
8.3.1 Defence Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by Size
8.3.2 Homeland Security Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by Size
9 Forecast Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market to 2030 by Application
9.1 Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by Application overview
9.2 Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market Application by Power Source
9.2.1 Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by Power Source overview
9.2.2 Logistics Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by Power Source
9.2.3 Surveillance Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by Power Source
9.2.4 Attack Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by Power Source
9.2.5 Bomb Defusal Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by Power Source
9.2.6 Others Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by Power Source
10 Opportunity Analysis
10.1 By Region
10.2 By User
10.3 By Application
11 Scenario Analysis
11.2 Scenario Analysis 1
11.3 Scenario Analysis 2
12 Leading Companies in the Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market
12.1 BAE Systems
12.1.2 Recent developments and contracts
12.2 Lockheed Martin
12.2.2 Recent developments and contracts
12.3 Milrem Robotics
12.3.3 Recent developments and contracts
12.4.3 Recent developments and contracts
12.5 Rheinmetall AG
12.5.3 Recent developments and contracts
12.6.3 Recent developments and contracts
12.7 Teledyne FLIR
12.7.3 Recent developments and contracts
12.8 General Dynamics
12.8.3 Recent developments and contracts
12.9 Boston Dynamics
12.9.3 Recent developments and contracts
12.10 L3Harris Technologies
12.10.3 Recent developments and contracts
12.11.3 Recent developments and contracts
12.12.3 Recent developments and contracts
12.13 Elbit Systems
12.13.3 Recent developments and contracts
12.14 Other companies of interest
12.14.1 Milanion Group
12.14.5 HOYTEK Engineering
12.14.7 Elektroland Defence
12.14.9 ECA Group
12.14.11 Shark Robotics
12.14.14 Cyborg Dynamics
12.14.15 Downer Group
12.14.16 HORIBA MIRA
12.14.17 ICP Newtech
12.14.18 Four DRobotics
12.14.19 Clearpath Robotics
12.14.20 Autonomous Solutions Inc.
12.14.21 Ghost Robotics
12.14.22 Recon Robotics
12.14.23 Gesar Inc
12.14.24 Oshkosh Defense
12.14.25 Point Blank Enterprises
12.14.26 Hyundai Rotem
12.14.27 Hanwha Defense
13 Conclusions and recommendations
14 About the Publisher
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/zcrq4u
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/worldwide-military-unmanned-ground-vehicles-ugv-industry-to-2030—increased-investment-in-military-modernization-programs-in-the-defense-sector-drives-growth-301721086.html
SOURCE Research and Markets