Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Ground Control Station (GCS) Market to grow by USD 271.02 million from 2022 to 2027 | The increasing defense spending on unmanned technologies to boost market growth – Technavio
NEW YORK, Aug. 25, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) ground control station (GCS) market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.42% between 2022 and 2027, and the size of the market is forecast to increase by USD 271.02 million, according to the latest research report from Technavio. Discover Aerospace & Defense industry potential and make informed business decisions based on qualitative and quantitative evidence highlighted in Technavio reports. View Sample Report!
The unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) ground control station (GCS) market is fragmented, and the companies are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
- Aerialtronics DV B.V. – The key offerings of the company include UAV ground control stations such as tablet control systems.
- Acecore Technologies JL B.V. – The key offerings of the company include UAV ground control stations such as Beyond Visual Line of Site ground network systems.
- Asseco Poland SA – The company offers UAV ground control stations such as the Asseco ground control system field.
For the market’s company landscape highlights with a comprehensive list of companies and their offerings – View Sample in minutes
Key Market Segmentation
The market is segmented by application (defense UAV GCS, and commercial UAV GCS), and component (hardware and software).
- The defense UAV GCS segment will contribute a major share of the market. This is because the defense sector primarily uses drones for intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) and target acquisition missions. It aims to replace human involvement with human involvement. The deployment of drones in certain missions reduces the risk to human life. Furthermore, ground control stations for UAVs (GCS) allow commanders to monitor and manage assets such as aircraft, ground stations, and sensors. GCS provides the ultimate means to control and monitor defense vehicles efficiently and flexibly. Hence, these factors are expected to drive segment growth during the forecast period.
View Sample Report in minutes for more highlights into the market segments.
Regional Market Outlook
By geography, the market is segmented by North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and Middle East, and Africa.
- North America is estimated to contribute 50% to the growth of the global market during the forecast period. This expansion is due to a growing commercial sector, especially in the US, and increasing defense spending has led to an increase in drone activity. In addition, the region’s demand for a UAV ground control station is supported by the widespread deployment of tactical UAVs in military and defense roles. Thus, such factors are expected to drive market growth in the region during the forecast period.
For more key highlights on the regional market share of most of the above-mentioned countries.- View Sample Report
- Special coverage on the Russia–Ukraine war; global inflation; recovery analysis from COVID-19; supply chain disruptions, global trade tensions; and risk of recession
- Global competitiveness and key competitor positions
- Market presence across multiple geographical footprints – Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial – buy the report!
The increasing defense spending on unmanned technologies is a key factor driving market growth.
The increasing focus on the development of autonomous GCS is a major trend in the market. In field operations, frontline soldiers need ground control stations (GCSs) that are light, manageable, and can be quickly used amid gunfire and other hazards in the field. Human intervention limits the drone’s effectiveness when deployed in the field. In addition, companies are prioritizing the development of automated GCS to enable drone launch, landing, and maintenance without human intervention, thereby ensuring the seamless operation of machine systems advanced drones. Hence, such factors are expected to drive market growth during the forecast period.
The high susceptibility to cyber-attacks is a significant challenge restricting market growth.
Insights on Market Drivers, trends, & Challenges, historic period(2017 to 2021), and forecast period(2023 to 2027)- Request a sample report!
- Acecore Technologies JL B.V.
- Aerialtronics DV B.V.
- Aeroscout GmbH
- AiDrones GmbH
- Alpha Unmanned Systems, S.L.
- ALTI UAS PTY LTD.
- Asseco Poland SA
- BAE Systems Plc
- Bluebird Aero Systems
- Delft Dynamics B.V.
- Elbit Systems Ltd.
- General Atomics
- Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd.
- L3Harris Technologies Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Corp.
- Mavtech Srl
- Northrop Grumman Systems Corp.
- Textron Inc.
- Thales Group
- The Boeing Co.
Gain instant access to 17,000+ market research reports.
The commercial and military aircraft MRO market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.68% between 2022 and 2027. The market size is forecast to increase by USD 20,151.64 million.
The autonomous underwater vehicle market size is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 16.85% between 2022 and 2027 and the size of the market is forecast to increase by USD 1,985.04 million.
UAV Ground Control Station Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 6.42%
Market growth 2023-2027
USD 271.02 million
YoY growth 2022-2023(%)
North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and Middle East and Africa
Performing market contribution
North America at 50%
US, Canada, China, Japan, and Germany
Leading Companies, Market Positioning of Companies, Competitive Strategies, and Industry Risks
Key companies profiled
Acecore Technologies JL B.V., Aerialtronics DV B.V., Aeroscout GmbH, AiDrones GmbH, Alpha Unmanned Systems, S.L., ALTI UAS PTY LTD., Asseco Poland SA, BAE Systems Plc, Bluebird Aero Systems, Delft Dynamics B.V., Elbit Systems Ltd., General Atomics, Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd., L3Harris Technologies Inc., Lockheed Martin Corp., Mavtech Srl , Northrop Grumman Systems Corp., Textron Inc., Thales Group, and The Boeing Co.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID-19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, and Market condition analysis for the forecast period.
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
3 Market Sizing
4 Historic Market Size
5 Five Forces Analysis
6 Market Segmentation by Application
7 Market Segmentation by Component
8 Customer Landscape
9 Geographic Landscape
10 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
11 Company Landscape
12 Company Analysis
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focus on emerging market trends and provide actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/unmanned-aerial-vehicle-uav-ground-control-station-gcs-market-to-grow-by-usd-271-02-million-from-2022-to-2027–the-increasing-defense-spending-on-unmanned-technologies-to-boost-market-growth—technavio-301909371.html